Friday 23 April 2010

Analysis of Our Magazine Front Cover




Evaluation of our above magazine cover:

I feel that are tag line underneath works well with the title, and I feel makes it more persuasive, as it suggests that we are the ‘Boss of all movies’. I feel that this will entice a reader to buy it and makes it more interesting and exiting. I feel that is effective the way it is is white as although it is in a smaller text it makes it stand out and eye catching.


I feel that the bold, red title of our magazine is eye catching and stands out. I feel that the name ‘Boss’ is strong as well and shows that we are a good magazine striving to be the best! I feel that the word also is relevant to a magazine for example Empire; it needs to be bold and stand out and I feel that our title does this.


I like the way that our barcode is in the corner and does not cover up any of our image. I feel that this is important as it is not the focus point of the magazine and should be kept away from the focus point. I also feel that the way we have extended the border around the barcode to put in the date, issue and price is also effective as it saves room and shows that these are also conventions of magazine front covers and that we have used them.


Strong, bold image of the celebrity, this is the focus point and will make people want to pick it up by recognising her. I feel that it is effective as she has a worrying and scared look on her face and her hair is a little bit messed a like in the trailer. She also looks vulnerable and the way she's looking back makes it look as if she's always worrying and looking over her shoulder in case someones coming. We also duplicated a layer of her and moved it over to create a shadow by colouring it in black and changing the opacity level. We though that this was effective as it made her look as she was actually in the background and not like a cut out.


Background colour is am image of a concrete wall in which we changed the contrasting levels to make it darker to fit in with the horror theme. I feel that this is effective as it gives an eerie effect especially in the way that we have used dark patches and changed the opacity to make it look like shadows. This I feel gives a dark effect associated with horrors and seems as if someone is over powering and over shadowing her.


I Feel that the use of ‘Plus’ is effective as it suggests that that is not all. That the buyer is getting much more for the price and that they should buy it as its worth it. I feel that the yellow colour used is also effective as this is also a horror colour and I feel works well with the other colours of black, white an red.


‘The queen of horror’ excites the reader as it shows that she is the best for that genre. I feel that this will entice people to read her interview inside as she is branded the best. The font used is also in a horror like theme this I feel adds to the horror theme and goes with the other fonts and typography on the magazine.


Her name is one of the biggest fonts, it stands out, I feel that this is because she is recognised as a star, therefore people will want to see her name in bold, and it must stand out. We also felt that the font style an colour worked well for we put the white outline of 'Hunt' in the inside which we felt gave a better effect. I feel that the contrasting colours of each of her name in the white and black makes it stand out more and gives a great effect that really stands out and reaches an audience.


I feel that the red box around the name of the movie makes it stand out and makes the typography more interesting. I feel that this is needed for we want people to remember and recognise the name so that we can widen our target audience and attract more people.


Strong words such as ‘exclusive’ makes the reader feel that it is limited and that it is one of a kind. This therefore is a persuasive technique to entice an audience. I feel that the way we have also used this in yellow which is another colour associated with horrors makes it stand our further and truly shows that it is a great interview and worth reading and watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment