Friday 23 April 2010

Analysis of Our Poster



Analysis of our Horror Poster:

‘The best horror film of the year' This I feel is effective for my poster as it helps target my audience as it will encourage them that it is a worth seeing. It is also effective because it has been endorsed this by a well known newspaper 'The Sun'. I feel that the five stars enhances this and acts as a visual guide that is associated with high standards.  

I feel that my title ‘Reunion’ is effective as it contrasts with the background, and makes it stand out more. I like the dark red outline, as this is a colour associated with Horrors. I feel that it is strong and bold, which is what I wanted for I wanted an audience to look at my poster and be able to remember the name, and for it to stand out.

I feel that our tagline ‘A Night To Die For’ is effective as it draws an audience further and adds something chilling to the poster. It is used to also persuade an audience to watch the film, this is because it suggests that it is worth watching and ties in with a theme of death in horrors. I feel that the dark red colour and black stroke makes it stand out and links in with the themes of horrors, as the red links with the theme of death and gore.

I feel that ‘Coming Soon’ is also effective as it leaves an audience in suspense I feel that by using this it will act as a waiting line in which an audience can no linger wait to go see it. I feel that maybe this will also attract an audience, especially with the bold red and black stroke on the outside that make it even more intriguing and associated with a horror.

When analysing posters we noticed that they have small usually white print at the bottom with the production companies, editors and who starred in the film. We have included this in ours, as we want to show that it is a proper horror poster and that we have included everything a poster should have; making it look professional.

We have also included a classification sticker, underneath the credits, this is because we need to target an audience and when looking at the Pearl and Dean website we realised that many 15-24’s watch horrors the most this is why we have decided to classify ours at a 15.

I feel that the use of a negatives to show our collage of pictures if effective as we can show more shots without overcrowding it, persuading an audience to watch. I feel that this was useful as without this we would have had to pick one very strong image and it may have been harder with one to persuade someone to watch it.

I like the way that there are happy pictures beneath of them before with their friends and how it contrasts to more oppressed horrific scenes of them scared, hurt and tied up. I feel that this is a good effect and shows to the audience the extremes of the pictures. I also like the fact that the after pictures are in a inverted effect this i feel truly shows the emotion and extremity of their situation. 

I feel that the use of our background is very effective as I used a few layers of paint that I scanned in and put on top of each other. I then changed the colours to create different ash and brown colours. This was to give an eerie effect and an old effect to the negatives. I feel that it gives the effect that they have been torn by the background and are deteriorating, just like the victims are.

No comments:

Post a Comment